Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with repeating values in a dataset

I am working with two sets of data shown below, one of which contains mush more detailed scrap reasons. I want to make a measure to calculate the scrap percentage per month using the rejects for each reason from the scrap data and the good parts from the main production data (SUM[Rejects] / SUM[Rejects]+SUM[Good_Parts].

Scrap and Prod Pic .png

The [Good Parts] comes from the scrap data table shown below, and it is much higher than the actual [Good_Parts] which comes from another dataset since the numbers are repeated for multiple reasons each day. I need the values from the bottom table to be used as the good parts instead of what it's doing now where it's using the overall sum for each month. I cannot use a relationship for date between the datasets because right now it is set to relate the Prod Codes.Scrap Data Example 020520.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, please try to create a month dimension table to build relationships among these tables:

Month dimension table = DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS('Date',"Month",'Date'[Month]))

91.PNG

And then create the measure:

Measure = SUM('Table'[Rejects]) / (SUM('Table'[Rejects])+SUM('Table'[Good Parts]))

It shows:

92.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, please try to create a month dimension table to build relationships among these tables:

Month dimension table = DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS('Date',"Month",'Date'[Month]))

91.PNG

And then create the measure:

Measure = SUM('Table'[Rejects]) / (SUM('Table'[Rejects])+SUM('Table'[Good Parts]))

It shows:

92.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.