Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SantoshKumar
Employee
Employee

Working with multiple Buttons and Multiple Bookmarks

HI All,

SantoshKumar_0-1659314286114.png

I have created a page in which i am using 5 Buttons and 5 Bookmarks as shown above.
For Bookmark_A (Button A) & Bookmark_B (Button B), i have kept Visual C as default to shown.

which means: when i click on Button A or B, irrespective of current visual in C,D & E -> the visual changes to Visual C 

Similar case happens when i click Button C,D or E out of Visual A & B, it changes back to Visual A.

My requirement is that when i click Button A or B, the current visual in C,D,E should not be changed and vice versa. Can any one please guide me on how to achieve it?

Thanks 

Santosh Kumar P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-cgao-msft @MahyarTF Thank ypufor the responses. i have searched in the community and found the solution i am looking for but it may take some time to understand the setps taken in the below report to achieve it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/COVID-19-NSW-Transport-Impact/td-p/1193474 

Regards

Santosh Kumar P

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SantoshKumar
Employee
Employee

@MahyarTF No, that is not the case. Irrespective of my Selection of Button A or B, Selection in C,D & E should not be changed.
Example:

1. i have selected Button D so my visual D is on display.

2. When i now click on A or B, then visual D should not change to C 

Oh,

You mean regardless of the order the last visual for the other section is remain(not changed).

Not sure if it is possible, as I know the bookmarks are works on the Show/hide property, if there is more than one visual in each position, the visual will be shown based on the layer order.

Mahyartf

@MahyarTF  what ever you have said is right but i expect there will be some answer to it.

Hi @SantoshKumar ,

MahyarTF is right. The following elements are saved when a bookmark is created, and layer order is not one of them.

//When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

1. The current page
2. Filters
3. Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
4. Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
5. Sort order
6. Drill location
7. Visibility (of an object, using the Selection pane)
8. The focus or Spotlight modes of any visible object

If you would like to suggest some feature improvements. I have found users with similar needs to you here , you may vote for the idea and comment to improve this feature. It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What’s more, if feedback is highly voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

@v-cgao-msft @MahyarTF Thank ypufor the responses. i have searched in the community and found the solution i am looking for but it may take some time to understand the setps taken in the below report to achieve it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/COVID-19-NSW-Transport-Impact/td-p/1193474 

Regards

Santosh Kumar P

MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, You need to show Visual C, when you select Button A or Button B,

If it is :

You need to show the visual C in both A and B Bookmark, Hide the others and then update those :

MahyarTF_0-1659319843789.pngMahyarTF_1-1659319862304.png

Mahyartf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.