Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

narsiman

Working with SQLGraph - SQL Server 2017

I have created node and edge tables in SQL Server 2017 (Graph tables) and was able to import them into Power BI desktop.  Are there any blogs or examples that can help me get started with consuming this and visualizing this data?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
narsiman

I am using CTP2 and have some data loaded in node and edge tables.  I have imported the tables into the Power BI desktop.  How do i develop a data model and visualize the hierarchy data?  I could not find any examples or documentation.  Any pointers / suggestions will help.  thanks.  Nars

@narsiman wrote:

I am using CTP2 and have some data loaded in node and edge tables.  I have imported the tables into the Power BI desktop.  How do i develop a data model and visualize the hierarchy data?  I could not find any examples or documentation.  Any pointers / suggestions will help.  thanks.  Nars

@narsiman

That's pretty cool objects in SQL Server 2017, thanks for letting me know that. 🙂

So I understand the graph objects based on below picture from Graph Data Processing with SQL Server 2017.

Figure-2_thumb

According to the data structure, those two visuals Network Navigator and Force-Directed Graph seem optional to show the structure.

Thank you for the recommendations.  I will try it out.  Do you know how to incorporate ASCII-ART syntax in PowerBI?  How does powerbi work with node tables and edge tables?

select m.memberid as parent,
c.MemberID as child, RelSide
from members m, relationship p, members c
WHERE MATCH(m-(p)->c)
and m.memberid = 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.