Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working out %

Hi

I have created a measure which calculates the % of people who responded to a question in a survey as below:

= COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]) / CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]), ALL(Q7[Q7 Groups]))

I have grouped the data so its only positive or negative responses. There are some respondents who didnt supply a response or said not applicable and as such I want to exclude these when working out the %. How would I change the formula to exclude the blank and irrelvant responses?

The reason I am doing it this way is I want to add a filter so only the positive % is shown but it does not revery back to 100% when the filter is applied.

Thanks

Holly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

Create the following measures in your Sheet  table.

Strongly Agree&Agree = CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]<>"" && (Sheet[Q7 Response ]="Strongly Agree" || Sheet[Q7 Response ]="Agree")))
alleffectiveresponse = CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]<>""),ALL(Q7[Q7 Group]))-CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]="I don’t use this"),ALL(Q7[Q7 Group]))
Measure = [Strongly Agree&Agree]/[alleffectiveresponse]

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please check if the following DAX returns your expected result, if not, please share dummy data of your tables and post desired result based on  the dummy data.

Measure = (CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[response]<>""))-CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[response] = "string1"||Sheet[response] ="string2")))/ CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]), ALL(Q7[Q7 Groups]))

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I can’t get that formula to work (I am really new to this and haven’t done anything like it before)

Table: Q7

Rank

Comment

Q7 Group

Strongly Agree

Strongly Agree & Agree

Agree

Strongly Agree & Agree

Disagree

Disagree & Strongly Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Disagree & Strongly Disagree

Table: Sheet 1

Respondent ID

Q7 Response

Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Strongly Agree

Agree

Strongly Agree

Agree

Agree

Agree

I don’t use this

I don’t use this

So what I want to do is work out the % of respondents who strongly agree and agree to Q7 based on only the responses that are agrees or disagrees.

So for this one there are 16 responses

Strongly agree – 3

Agree – 5

Disagree – 2

Strongly Disagree – 2

I don’t use this – 2

Blanks – 2

I want to display the response of

Strongly Agree (3) + Agree (5) / Strongly Agree (3) + Agree (5) + Disagree (2) + Strongly Disagree (2) = % Strongly Agree & Agree (67%).

This ignores the ‘I don’t use this’ and blank responses from the %.   

I then want to display this on a Card visual showing only % Strongly Agree and Agree without it changing to 100% when I remove the other possible responses.

Thanks

Holly

@Anonymous,

Create the following measures in your Sheet  table.

Strongly Agree&Agree = CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]<>"" && (Sheet[Q7 Response ]="Strongly Agree" || Sheet[Q7 Response ]="Agree")))
alleffectiveresponse = CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]<>""),ALL(Q7[Q7 Group]))-CALCULATE (COUNT(Sheet[Respondent ID]),FILTER(Sheet,Sheet[Q7 Response ]="I don’t use this"),ALL(Q7[Q7 Group]))
Measure = [Strongly Agree&Agree]/[alleffectiveresponse]

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

@Anonymous,

Could you please accept my reply as answer? That way, other community members would easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.