Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rjs2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Working list/tasks report with multiple users

I have a list of tasks from our database that is a shared report in Teams.  User use this to find the next item to work on. (data is loaded)  

I thought I could just have a filter and have them uncheck the ones that have been work, but it doesnt pass/update the filter for other users.  I was hoping that there is away that it would update for all users so they know that one has been worked.

I really wish there was a way to do a check box, but I know thats not a possibility.

any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rjs2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Ok, I found a work around.

I created a measure for each matrix table (task list).  At that point I can assign someone to work on tasks 10-20.  I then created a range slicer based off of unique task number.  The user just will then need go to row 20, copy value of the unique task number, type in the unique task number for row 10 in the first range box then copy the unique task number (that you copied the value of) in the end range box. Vwa La, now they have a list of task 10-20 (now counted as 1-11).

As an addition, I kept a slicer on the left for the unique task number, so they can click them off as they are working them and know where they are on their personal list.

~Necissity is the mother of invention~

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rjs2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Ok, I found a work around.

I created a measure for each matrix table (task list).  At that point I can assign someone to work on tasks 10-20.  I then created a range slicer based off of unique task number.  The user just will then need go to row 20, copy value of the unique task number, type in the unique task number for row 10 in the first range box then copy the unique task number (that you copied the value of) in the end range box. Vwa La, now they have a list of task 10-20 (now counted as 1-11).

As an addition, I kept a slicer on the left for the unique task number, so they can click them off as they are working them and know where they are on their personal list.

~Necissity is the mother of invention~

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rjs2 ,

Check if the slicer works for you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

No it doesnt, thats why I made the post.  The report is in Teams.  If there are two users using the report, the slicer doesnt auto update for the other user.  If it would pass thru and filter their report while they are working it, that would be sufficient, but it does not.

I need a way to let multiple users on the same report know they are working the item/task on the list and that it has been worked or in the process.

I wish there was a checkbox or something like that, or a drop down field for the report.  But I am guessing, if that did exsist, it would auto update for multiple users on the same report in Teams.

Any idea how to do that?  The filter option would work, if it would pass to other current users as well.  But it does not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.