Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working in between/on gridlines (screenshot attached)

Please can someone help me with the following issue.

I am using both gridlines and snap to grid. On some shapes/visuals they snap beween the dots on the gridlines whereas others snap onto the dots as seen circled in the screenshot. This means I am unable to align items by dragging, again, because some can only go between the dots and some only on the dots. 

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter, it is much appreciated. (Even a link to another forum if this has already been mentioned - I couldn't find it!)

Power BI screenshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help but I have found out the solution now. Hopefully, you able able to see in the following photos that if I have multiple panes expanded, like in the first picture, the gridlines are 6 dots wide. In the second picture, with the panes collapsed, there are 12 dots between gridlines. I must have had panes expanded, which didn't allow me to align visuals "between the dots" as you get less precision with panes expanded. Thank you for your help anyway.

Power bi1.png

Power bi2.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your visuals have different ornaments. The card has no title, the Events by Depot/Centre has a title.  It also looks like your background image (the rounded corner box) is the same, and gets stretched differently depending on the size of the hosting visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help but I have found out the solution now. Hopefully, you able able to see in the following photos that if I have multiple panes expanded, like in the first picture, the gridlines are 6 dots wide. In the second picture, with the panes collapsed, there are 12 dots between gridlines. I must have had panes expanded, which didn't allow me to align visuals "between the dots" as you get less precision with panes expanded. Thank you for your help anyway.

Power bi1.png

Power bi2.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do you see the red lines when you move visuals around?  Did you know you can move visuals with the keyboard arrow keys too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply,

I am aware to you can move visuals with both your mouse and the keyboard arrors, however, the problem persists either way - That is that some visualisations sit on the dots and some in between so that I cannot align them unless I turn off Snap to Grib, which is less than ideal.

I do see the red lines when moving visuals around, however, I have attached a photo because I do not believe the red lines are representative of where the visual then sits. If I am not mistaken, these lines indicate that "Events" is aligned both horizontally with "Incidents" and vertically with "Events by Depot/Centre". As you can see, this is not the case because as I am trying to explain, the events card sits on the dots wheras the others sit inbetween them.

I hope this shines a bit more light on the situation, I do not know how else to explain the problem.Alignment Error.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.