Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

baibhav_82

Working differently on browser and desktop

When I publish a report it works differently on the browser in compared with Desktop.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your desktop version is always slightly different to online due to how updates seem to be deployed.  I've also noticed some minor differences in colours, but you have to expect that changing from a desktop program to a browser based one.  Can you provide some details on exactly what is working differently?

When  I apply a page filter, in the Desktop if there is no data for particular filter it comes up blank which is correct but whereas in the browser it doesn't filter at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i had to guess, your page filter is using "Basic Filtering"?  I've had problems in both Excel and Power BI using the basic style filtering with Blanks.  Try switching it to Advanced Filtering and use "Is not blank" or "Is Blank" instead (whichever is appropriate for you).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.