Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KG1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Working day calculation

I am trying to create a card visual to show the total working days lost in the period

This period is 01/11/21 - 30/11/21

For those people off sick before the 01/11/21 I have created a new start date column to state the start date as 01/11/21 or the actual start date if started during the month of Nov.

If the sickness started on 01/11/21 and ended on 30/11/21 total working days should be 22.

When created a table to check the data and measure was working correctly I have a problem where the duration is showing 88 instead of 22

There is only 1 row in the data table which is related to that  employee number showing 88

KG1_0-1638551580932.png

When I select don't summarize in the duration for in period reporting it changes to 22 

KG1_1-1638551771419.png

The sum should be 22?

Here is the measure used to calculate working days

Duration for in period reporting = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR('Absence'[Start Date for in Period Count],'Absence'[End Date for Report]),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KG1 ,

Since you are creating a calculated column and its data type is numeric, it will be aggregated... You can change its aggreation function to MAX or MIN, or you can create a measeure as follows to get the unique value just as below screenshot. You can find the attachment for all details. 

Duration = 
MAXX (
    ALLEXCEPT (
        'Absence',
        'Absence'[Person Number],
        'Absence'[Start Date for in Period Count],
        'Absence'[End Date for Report]
    ),
    [Duration for in period reporting]
)

yingyinr_0-1638871282448.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KG1 ,

Since you are creating a calculated column and its data type is numeric, it will be aggregated... You can change its aggreation function to MAX or MIN, or you can create a measeure as follows to get the unique value just as below screenshot. You can find the attachment for all details. 

Duration = 
MAXX (
    ALLEXCEPT (
        'Absence',
        'Absence'[Person Number],
        'Absence'[Start Date for in Period Count],
        'Absence'[End Date for Report]
    ),
    [Duration for in period reporting]
)

yingyinr_0-1638871282448.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KG1 , if these are selected dates from a day table, then you can have a static value

Selected working days =
var _max =maxx(allselected(date),date[date])
var _min =maxx(allselected(date),date[date])
return
Duration for in period reporting = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(_min,_max),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

Or Try like
Duration for in period reporting = sumx(values('Absence'[Person Number]) ,
COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(Min('Absence'[Start Date for in Period Count]),Max('Absence'[End Date for Report])),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.