cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mntpbi Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Working With Minutes

How can i effectively work with minutes in powerBI ? I have basically by the second data in timestamps and i would like to be able to see this data in intervals of say 2 minutes... if i just drop this data into a line chart and use the date filter in powerbi it gives me a very granular slider which isnt ideal because of the amount of data points.

The other method is using page level filter advanced datetime but this isnt user friendly either as you have to manually go and change the minutes manually.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
maguilarBI Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Working With Minutes

Hi, you can create a group, right click in the field with datetime and click "new group" and see this:

minutes.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
maguilarBI Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Working With Minutes

Hi, you can create a group, right click in the field with datetime and click "new group" and see this:

minutes.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 151 members 1,796 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: