Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stanford
Regular Visitor

Work load forecasting

I have 2 queries.  They are linked together by job name.  One has estimated hours required per job.  The other contains schedule as to when job is to start and finish.  Currently I am able to forecast hours for each job by end date month.  Issue is that the job could take longer than month, but it puts all hours required in completed month.  This shows end month over inflated and previous month under capacity.  I would like to break down by week.  Example:  Job requires 120 hours and will finish on week 40.  I want to be able to show 40 hours on week 38, 40 hours on week 39, and 40 hours on week 40.

3 REPLIES 3
Stanford
Regular Visitor

Capture.JPG

Hi , @Stanford 

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. 

Can you show me your expected results in excel and explain the calculation logic showing 38 weeks 40 hours, 39 weeks 40 hours and 40 weeks 40 hours?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you for response and sorry I am not very clear.  I cannot seem to figure out how to attach an excel, but did figure out how to upload a picture.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.