Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Work in Marketing? Channel Reporting? Advertising analyst or similar...? Help

Hi. Do you working in marketing/digital analytics specifically as a BI or Data Analyst reporting with Power BI and dashboards - I'm watching tutorials to remind of the basics of how Power BI works/dax etc. Thats fine.

However; lil nervous - if you have any template dashboards or reports on campaign reporting everything from spend on diff. channels/sources and ROI (finance) to actual marketing KPIs; arpu, clicks, conversions to advanced multi linear regression, attribution model reporting.. how diff channels are performing..

as much help for a beginner would be appreciated?

dashboard templates, report templates, deep dives, useful dax formulae, and similar..(my background is in Excel so want to impress with Power BI as they never used it before).

5 REPLIES 5
Djordje_M
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, I put some templates that might help you in the Gallery, you can check it on my profile. Also, I find it useful to use MS Appsource apps to help you connect to your data. That way you can focus on analyzing reports instead of losing the time figuring out how to connect them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking for useful and decent looking reports, they can be found on some online platforms like Google Data Studio, Facebook business manager, or other channels analytics. If you need some aggregate data form your different marketing channels and data from your CRM or business software, then you should look for templates on integration software sites. You can see many examples of Supermetrics, Funnel.io, or Windsor.ai demos. But, only if you use their software, you can get some Power Bi templates as well. The good thing is that for Windsor.ai,  for example, you can have a free plan and demo. Also, you can decide if it is right for you. Attributions and modeling are too complex to be left to individual efforts, I think. It is much more efficient if you use some commercial software and then make customizations in your Power Bi environment.

ntaylo06
Resolver II
Resolver II

What is your question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping if someone had a sample/template I could use - to get something to start with using both dynamic data from server and excel files; and i could fiddle and change it to fit my needs - appearence and elsewhat - rather than starting completely blank - or something i could use as a guidance.. but how the model, tables and visualisations were done.. rather than just a screen shot.. if you catch my drift..pls

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone - any templates for working for reporting on marketing digital channels and revenue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.