Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

christinamarie
Frequent Visitor

Work email signup for Power BI

I'm in talks to do some freelance Power BI work for somebody. I know that Power BI only allows you to use a work or school email in the sign-up process, but since this would be freelance work and I'm not currently enrolled in school, I don't have a valid email to use. Does anyone know of an easy way to create a Power BI-compatible work email for myself? Do I have to create an Office 365 account, and if so, what level do I have to sign up for? I don't need any of the extra applications like Word or PowerPoint, it would only be for the purpose of signing up for and using Power BI. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @christinamarie,

For your scenario,  I suggest you could try to create a Trial Tenant in Office 365 for E3 or E5 and then you could have the Pro license for Power BI.

In addition, if you have the Office 365 admin account, you could purchase the Power BI Pro license only under Other Plan.

Go to admin center>>Billing>> Subscriptions>> Add Subscriptions>> Other Plan>> Power BI Pro

More details, you could refer to this document.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @christinamarie,

For your scenario,  I suggest you could try to create a Trial Tenant in Office 365 for E3 or E5 and then you could have the Pro license for Power BI.

In addition, if you have the Office 365 admin account, you could purchase the Power BI Pro license only under Other Plan.

Go to admin center>>Billing>> Subscriptions>> Add Subscriptions>> Other Plan>> Power BI Pro

More details, you could refer to this document.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.