Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Work around to write data onto PowerBI

Good Afternoon,

I have created a financial dashboard on PowerBI in which project managers can view their financial KPIs. We have a seperate online excel sheet in which they fill in comments based on similar KPIs, the issue with this is that there are many project managers using it at the same time and with excel online if someone filters it, it filters it for everyone else and this is causing many issues.

Is there any way using another app, these PMs can fill in something which maybe updates the original excel data source which updates the PowerBI dashboard, effectively writing data onto PowerBI?

Many thanks,

Conor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ConorRS, 

Based on your senario, your pms will work on one data source(excel) and you need a feature which can reflect the real-time data after every modifications on the data source, right? You can create a new app workspace or app workspace and add these pms as the members, then create a streaming dataset which can let data in dashboard be real-time.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ConorRS,

Does my answer make sense? If it is, could you please help mark the answer? Your contribution will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ConorRS, 

Based on your senario, your pms will work on one data source(excel) and you need a feature which can reflect the real-time data after every modifications on the data source, right? You can create a new app workspace or app workspace and add these pms as the members, then create a streaming dataset which can let data in dashboard be real-time.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

The issue is that I want to remove the PM's use of excel completely, as when they update the live excel sheet they use filters and sorts and when there are several PM's doing that it keeps changing the screen for everyone else meaning they are unable to type in their comments.

So I need a way of inputting data into PowerBI where filters and sorts are personal and don't affect other users.

Thanks,

Conor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors