Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Word wrap setting for a column in Table in Report Builder

Hi All

I am not finding word wrap property for a column in Report Builder. I would like to set it to No, just in case we get large field lenght than defined width. Currently, it just wraps the text. 

I should be able to define overall width for table and internally should be able to set some columns to display in one line. Is it possible in Report Builder similar to Cognos?

Thanks for inputs!

6 REPLIES 6
andres777
Advocate III
Advocate III

For Paginated Reports (or SSRS),
You may need to put your field/text inside a Text Box inside the column you need, 
So you can configure the  Allow height to increase   or decrease options.

s_taylor

I was trying to work this out too and found the solution.

1. Right-click the cell
  2. Choose Text Box Properties
  3. Unselect Allow height to increase - this will stop new wraps
  4. Select Allow height to decrease - this will revert existing wraps to normal height

You need to do it for each column.  Hope that helps!

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

Which visual you are using? Please select the related visual and navigate to Format pane to turn off the option "Word wrap".

word wrap.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

I am unable to find option in Power Report Builder.  Option you have showed is i Desktop. 

Can you please let me know if I missed it there in property since there is no search option there?

Thanks! 

Hi @abpgupta ,

Base on my research, I did not find the option setting that can toggle on/off word wrap feature in Power BI Report builder.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Is this still not possible? The titles of the groupings in my report are now wrapped while the cells on the right of it are all empty of course. 

I hope you will be able to help me solve this.

Best regards,

Jeroen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.