Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Word wrap on titles causing issues

This is a case for standard as well as market place visuals.

Ive noticed that if the title is wordwrapped on a visual, when you go to the report the horizontal axis has dissapeared from the bottom of the visual. If you drag the edge slightly it reappears. When you go back to the report the same issue is there. This needs sorting for word wrap (At least I think thats what the issue is)

Missinghorizontalaxis.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @DebbieE ,

I test on 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019) but I can't reproduce this issue. (I drag the visual edge to change size, axis label will auto changes to fix the data label display issues)
Can you please share some detail information to help us clarify this?(e.g. version of power bi desktop, operations steps, snapshot, sample pbix file...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I cant send you the pbx file Im working on.

Its Power BI Version: 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019)

The image of the issue is in my first post.

The only steps are I added a visual, My screen shot shows one of the basics. A column chart. Saved. Later I go back in and the horizontal axis has dissapeared.

Ive resolve the issue by not word wrapping. But to me this means there is an issue with wordwrapping

Hi @DebbieE ,

Can you please share your sample pbix file for test? You can upload to onedrive or google drive and paste share link here.
Notice: do mask on sensitive data before share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I cant share an example pbix file

Simply Create a Report. Add a table with

Jan     2124

Feb    141

Mar   35325

Apr   3451

May  2444

On report one add a column chart and a readlly long header with word wrap. 

On report two add for example a tree map  with a really long header and word wrap.

Go between the two reports and watch the bottom of the visual dissapear. This is specific to word wrap.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.