cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Word Cloud - Stop words limitation

Hi,

We have more than 2000 stop words, but in the word cloud stop words not able to keep all words. I tried creating Stop words table in backend and try to use in Exclude feature, but the visual fails as it dont have relationship between text table and stop words table.

I thought execlude feature take Stopwords table as lookup on texttable.  I am not sure what relationship i can create between these 2 table.

Please guide me how to achieve this.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Word Cloud - Stop words limitation

Maybe by using an R Script visualization for your Word Cloud? Tough to say. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted
Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Greg_DecklerI am not using R Scropt in powerBI. I am trying to use all words from here

https://www.webconfs.com/stop-words.php

Stop words taking only half list.

Super User
Super User

Right, I was suggesting that you do use R Script instead of what sounds like the Word Cloud third-party visual.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

rickettw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

is there a limit to the number of stop words or symbols i can type in the Stop Words box? I am not talking about importing from a list, just typing as i look at my Word Cloud. thanks 

rickettw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

TU, i found another work around and i limited the number of words to 20 rather than 200 and that gave me a better visualization with key words.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 335 members 3,292 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: