Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Word Cloud - Stop words limitation

Hi,

We have more than 2000 stop words, but in the word cloud stop words not able to keep all words. I tried creating Stop words table in backend and try to use in Exclude feature, but the visual fails as it dont have relationship between text table and stop words table.

I thought execlude feature take Stopwords table as lookup on texttable.  I am not sure what relationship i can create between these 2 table.

Please guide me how to achieve this.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Word Cloud - Stop words limitation

Maybe by using an R Script visualization for your Word Cloud? Tough to say. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Miruthan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Greg_DecklerI am not using R Scropt in powerBI. I am trying to use all words from here

https://www.webconfs.com/stop-words.php

Stop words taking only half list.

Super User
Super User

Right, I was suggesting that you do use R Script instead of what sounds like the Word Cloud third-party visual.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

rickettw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

is there a limit to the number of stop words or symbols i can type in the Stop Words box? I am not talking about importing from a list, just typing as i look at my Word Cloud. thanks 

rickettw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

TU, i found another work around and i limited the number of words to 20 rather than 200 and that gave me a better visualization with key words.