Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chad_oge
Frequent Visitor

Word Cloud - Distinct counts

Is it possible to use the Word Cloud visual to count words by distinct groups?  In the example below, I would expect these settings to count 'word' 3 times instead of 6:

test.PNG

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Chad

6 REPLIES 6
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

unfortunately, this is not possible, or phrasing it a little different: this is not the intention of the word cloud visual.

Maybe you have to consider to extract the words of interest, you can use keyphrase extraction, that is described in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

If you now the words of interest and they are few, you can also consider creating DAX measures using SEARCH or FIND

Then you can build a table that has two columns the document id and the word of interest.

Some time ago, I created a little sample analyzing emails: https://github.com/tomatminceddata/PowerBIemail

Maybe you find this useful.

This article provides a great introduction to the world of text analysis/text mining.

Hopefully, this provides some new ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you for the response and additional info.

hi  @chad_oge 

This is not achieve for now, since you break the work, it will calculate by every small entry.

And if you could try to disable "word-break" property in general option and then try that count.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Could you please try "word-break" property in general option and then try that count.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@chad_oge ,

Please find the below SS:

1.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@chad_oge 

there is no such option in the box

as it is a third-party solution you should send your idea to authors

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.