Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pftcg
Advocate I
Advocate I

With a Slicer Selection hide Visual?

Let's say I have a Slicer with options A, B, C.

And I have three visuals Table, Chart, Piechart

Is there a way so that if I choose A or B all three show, but if I choose C the Piechart will hide itself?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pftcg,

How about adding three Bookmark buttons? Please refer to the snapshot below.

With-a-Slicer-Selection-hide-Visual

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @pftcg,

This can be done using the bookmark option. Not really sure on what is underlaing the A, B, C selection but please check the link below and you can get it to work.

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI

If you need any further hep please share the model setup and how the slicer also affects the data.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hey @MFelix

Appreciate the response but bookmarks don't work with slicers AFAIK. You have to explicitly trigger a bookmark / click the bookmark for it to work correct?

Is there a way to make the select action in a slicer go to a specific bookmark?

Thanks,

Hi @pftcg,

You cannot use a bookmark with a slicer but you can do the other way around if you add a bookmark and link it to a selection on your slicer you will get the data and the visuals as you need.

Check the part of the post where  they refer:

"You can also select whether each bookmark will apply data properties, such as filters and slicers, the display properties such as spotlight and its visibility, and page changes that presents the page that was visible when the bookmark was added. These capabilities are useful when you use bookmarks to switch between visual types - in which case you would likely want to turn data properties off, so filters aren't reset as users change visual types."

If you want I can try and create an example.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hey @MFelix

Yeah but this would be just one other thing for a user to keep track of / cause confusion. I will explore it as an option however.

Thank you!

For anyone else that stumbles onto this post - it's this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/14126904-dynamic-visibility

Hi @pftcg,

I understand what you are saing but slicers are used for data filtering not show/hide visuals because slicer are made from data columns.

Don't know how you have your Donut chart setup but maybe if you add a measure that if C is selectd them the data is blank the only question is that your chart should not have any title or legends.

In the next release of PBI the conditional formating option will be available for more visuals than only the tables or matrix. Using that you can select in the donut chart to have white values if the C option is selected again your chart cant have titles or legends.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.