Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaarel
Resolver I
Resolver I

Will Power BI desktop files web rendering be available for SQL 2016?

Hi!

We've got customers currently on SQL 2016 who are looking forward to that feature when it becomes GA in the summer 2017. Will it be available for SQL 2016 or does it require SQL vNEXT upgrade?

Best Wishes,

Kaarel.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you are referring to SSRS then yes I believe you will need the upgrade.

View solution in original post

Hi @kaarel,

Adding to my previous replies.

Based on Riccardo Muti’s comments in this blog, this functionality in the technical preview will be made available in the next version of Reporting Services, but will not available in SSRS 2016. And there’s certainly an upgrade path from SSRS 2016 to the upcoming release of SSRS.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kaarel

Do you want to directly open Power BI Desktop reports in SSRS web portal?

If so, currently, with Power BI reports in SQL Server Reporting Services - Technical Preview, you are able to directly render Power BI Desktop reports in SSRS.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do you want to directly open Power BI Desktop reports in SSRS web portal?...

...Yes, but I want to know about the general availability. Our customers can't work on tech. preview. Will this be included in SSRS 2016?

Hi @kaarel,

Adding to my previous replies.

Based on Riccardo Muti’s comments in this blog, this functionality in the technical preview will be made available in the next version of Reporting Services, but will not available in SSRS 2016. And there’s certainly an upgrade path from SSRS 2016 to the upcoming release of SSRS.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @kaarel,

Currently, there is no official article or blog stating that the feature that directly open Power BI Desktop reports will be included in SSRS 2016 without installing tech preview.  You can vote up this idea and add your comments.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If you are referring to SSRS then yes I believe you will need the upgrade.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.