Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sscanlon
Helper II
Helper II

Wildcard match values based on lookup from separate table and show in Visual

Hi, looked around for few days and have not found answer, hoping someone can help? 

I have a table let's call it "MAIN", it has all the data like part number, description, revenue, gp and more. 

In Description are long text strings and in the start or middle somewhere are product names, let's say Arista or Meraki etc. 

I would really like to have a table visual that shows the values from another table I create called "MODELS" but lookup each of those values in the description column in the other table, and show revenue and gp etc. 

The MODELS table looks like this: 

Models.GIF

The visual I have currently that feeds from MAIN table looks like this: 

DESCRIPTION.GIF

I would love to show a visual that has matches the DESCRIPTION above *Arista* WHERE Group = Network then show Revenue and GP totals for all matches of *Arista*, and do that for anything in that Table all the way down, if I add something to the table then it also shows the revenue / gp. 

Is this possible? Hoping I am describing this correctly? 

Not sure if this is a Measure or need to do something on Query Editor side?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @sscanlon 

I've found this thread which I think is close to what you are looking for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Wildcard-matching-amp-returning-a-value/td-p/470276

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @sscanlon 

I've found this thread which I think is close to what you are looking for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Wildcard-matching-amp-returning-a-value/td-p/470276

Thank you! that was perfect, copied the logic and was able to do what I wanted, thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.