Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Widening bar chart width

Hi, I have tried to look at other posts for the solution but none of them seem to work for me. Please see the bar chart image. I tried going to the x-axis to adjust the width and height but no matter what number I increase it to, nothing happens. This seems to be a huge PBI limitation, no? FYI, each of these bars represent the same metric but for different individuals. Thank you!

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , change of start and end of x-axis between 90-100 or 80-100. There few padding option see if those can help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I do not see "Start" and "End" options in the format view, for what I have created.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please try to use the options in the X-axis:

Untitled picture.png

Minimum category width lets you force the bars to be wider, enabling more readable data labels (but more scrolling).

Maximum size lets you increase the percentage of the visual the axis labels will take up, which can make the visual more readable if the labels are long.

And finally inner padding controls the gap between the bars in proportion to the bar size.

If it doesn't work , report this as an Issue using issues.powerbi.com.  first check to see if it has already been reported. Please also refer to  https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16737364-allow-configurable-gap-width-between-columns-bars

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

I slided the Minimum Category Width and Maximum Size back and forth - did nothing. The Inner Padding widened the bars by a teensy bit but as you can see, bars are still so narrow that there is a lot of empty space to left and right of them. ☹️ Thanks.

Capture1.JPG

Any solution? I have the same drawback

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please report this as an Issue using issues.powerbi.com.  first check to see if it has already been reported.  

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.