Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would a KPI show a different result from the measure used as the Indicator?

I am trying to create a KPI to show whether or not a value is above the stated goal. However, the value displayed by the KPI (37.15) is different from the value displayed when I drag the same measure onto the page and make it a card (37.11).

KPI and Card.pngI am using a simple measure for the goal of 15.

KPI Configuration.png

What could account for this? I also noticed that the value changes depending on what I set as the Trend Axis, so I'm not sure what I need to do to correct this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

See attached image.

The reason you see a difference is that the KPI visual is a trend KPI and shows the latest value of the date item you place in the 'Trend Axis'. The 0.87 is an overall value of your data.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

shebr

KPI.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

With current information, it is hard to say where the issue is. 

Could you please share us your pbix file with One Drive or Google Drive if possible? So that we can dig deeper and make some tests.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xjiin-msft

Here is a link with a set of sample data. 

Hi @Anonymous

See attached image.

The reason you see a difference is that the KPI visual is a trend KPI and shows the latest value of the date item you place in the 'Trend Axis'. The 0.87 is an overall value of your data.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

shebr

KPI.JPG

Hi, I am still quite unable to understand this. A person in my community has suggested using the max of goals for each cell value to negate the KPI visual to take the current value of the latest month. But I don't understand this intricacy. Would appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shebr,

That makes total sense! I knew it had to be something simple. Is it possible to get the overall value displayed instead?

Remove the date value? Smiley Happy

No, unfortunately this particular visual uses the trend axis, if you were to have a slicer or filter on the page that would use that and default to that particular date, but without any other selection it would use the data set available for the Trend Axis.

Perhaps check the custom visuals for alternative KPI visuals, or what you could do is put the KPI in the table and use conditional formatting to show the trend status?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

shebr

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.