Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UsePowerBI
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why these annoying lines appear in the matrix visual?

Hello

I create a matrix visual and the circled lines highlighted in the photo below appear.

There are several issues:

1) Why at the left side, the upper vertical line is thick grey and the lower vertical line is thin blue?

2) Why at the left side, the middle horizontal line appears and the right side middle horizontal line does not show?

3) Why the left and middle vertical lines are different?

https://imgur.com/zZv88zW

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@UsePowerBI 

This is how a matrix visual actually displays the grid lines.

In the image below there are 3 fields (company, Group, Category Name) in row section and 2 fields (Year and Quarter) in column section.

You will notice that the thichness of the vertical line is different when row fields change to column fields. It has also a different color..

Also if you collapse the first level (Company) then the vertical line disappears.

Image.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @UsePowerBI ,

The image what you have attached, doesn't show me anything clearly.

Can you try putting up a large image please with issues highlighted?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@UsePowerBI 

This is how a matrix visual actually displays the grid lines.

In the image below there are 3 fields (company, Group, Category Name) in row section and 2 fields (Year and Quarter) in column section.

You will notice that the thichness of the vertical line is different when row fields change to column fields. It has also a different color..

Also if you collapse the first level (Company) then the vertical line disappears.

Image.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.