Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yiying
Helper I
Helper I

Why there is a (BLANK) option for my new grouping in Power bi

I tried to create a new group. And as youcan see there is not ungrouped value left.Capture.PNG

But when I put my new group in slicer, there is always a (blank) option.

Capture1.PNG

However there is no empty value. When I select blank as slicere there is no value showing either. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yiying,

What's your Power BI desktop version? Please update it to the latest version. And in your resource table, if there is the blank in the column? Please share more details for further analysis?

As I tested, there is blank in resource table, the blank still show in the group, please show the highlighted part in screenshot below.

1.PNG

Please duble check if there is a blank in teh group, maybe you ignore the blank rows(because it's not easy to find).

Best Regards,
Angelia

I updated to the newst version already.

Also as I said in the original post, I checked and deleted all empty value.

If there is actully a empty value, when I click on Blank there will be somthing filtered out right?However there is no value at all.

@yiying

I might be a relationship issue. Table you are grouping on might be related to another table or tables (model) and those table/tables have values that are not present in the initial table.

Could you please  test this by temporarily deleting the relationship from your "grouping" table with the rest of the model and see if you still get a BLANK value? 

N -

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.