Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chillytouch
Frequent Visitor

Why is this date showing as a hierarchy?

Hi,

I am currently making a new report and I am recycling some data elements from a report that a previous developer worked on. Looking at this custom table "WeekCalendar", the "fiscal_first_day_of_period" (and similar columns) show as basic columns. That is how I want it to be. However when I created the same exact table in a new report, it is showing those same fields as date hierarchys which I do not want. Is there any way to change that? I only know how to change it when you put the field into a visual, but that doesn't change how it shows in the table. Any thoughts as to why this happened/how to change it?

Thank you! 

pbiIssue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OzkanDhont
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Chillytouch !

The hierarchy has been auto generated?

You can turn it off in Options and Settings > Data Load > Time Intelligence > Uncheck Auto date/time.

Hope it helped!

Kind regards,

OD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Chillytouch File | Options and settings | Options and turn off Auto Time Intelligence for GOBAL and Current File.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
OzkanDhont
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Chillytouch !

The hierarchy has been auto generated?

You can turn it off in Options and Settings > Data Load > Time Intelligence > Uncheck Auto date/time.

Hope it helped!

Kind regards,

OD

That worked, thanks a ton!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.