Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Emre
Regular Visitor

Why is there no Extract Table Using examples button in June 2018 version?

I've just downloaded the latest version of PowerBI: Version: 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018).

But I can't see the "Extract Table Using examples" button when I'm trying to get the data from a web page. This button is visible in the YouTube video Power BI Desktop Update - May 2018:

YouTube_shows_extract_tables_button.jpg

But when I try the same thing in my PowerBI desktop, I can't see that button:

No_Extract_table_using_examples_button.jpg

Any ideas why?

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emre,

Please update your desktop to last version, I test with last version (2.59.5135.421 64-bit) and I can find this option.

23.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Xiaoxin,

Your version seems older than mine (in fact, I've downloaded PowerBI yesterda):

My version:     2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018)

Your version: 2.59.5135.421 64-bit

Did something happen between the versions? I still can't see the "Extract table using examples" button.

Hi @Emre,

I try to download the last version(2.59.5135.781) and this feature still works on my side. I'd like to suggest you update to last version and create new report to test with web connector.

In addition, is there any specific block rules apply on your firewall settings? Maybe you can test with other device.(below is my trace result)

27.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Weird, because I've just downloaded PowerBI again to get the latest version, and now I have:

Version: 2.59.5135.781 64-bit (June 2018)

And I did Get Data -> Web, and I use the same URL that's used in the relevant YouTube vide above: https://www.billboard.com/charts/country-songs

PowerBI can give me the Web View (so I don't think there's any firewall blocking anything about this).

But I still don't see "Extract Table Using examples" button. I see only Load, Edit, and Cancel:

PowerBI_no_such_button_why.jpg

It's not a case that it's not still a preview feature you've not turned on, is it?

Well, I don't know if it's a preview feature, or needs explicit enabling (however that's done, I have no idea).

All I can say that I've seen it presented in the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/-_GMCE1TLvQ?t=686

And I can't see the same button that's visible in that video.

HI @Emre,

I'd like to suggest you test with other website. In addition, it also may related to cached website credentials. Maybe you can try to clean up them and try again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.