Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

androetto

Why is the sum total not equal to the sum of the rows?

Dear, I have a problem that they do not give me the totals as I want if we add the row "Costo Financiero" does not give the total that it throws me.

Sin título.png

I pass the detail of the metrics as they are composed

VALOR (FC-NC = SUM('FC item Ventas'[precioneto]) - [VALOR NETO]

PromPago =
DIVIDE(
    SUMX('Prom Cobro','Prom Cobro'[FechaPromedioPonderado]),
    SUMX('Prom Cobro','Prom Cobro'[el_vlmoed1])
)

TasaDiaria x PromPago =  [TasaDiaria] * [PromPago]

Costo Financiero = 'FC item Ventas'[VALOR (FC-NC]*'_Tasa Interes'[TasaDiaria x PromPago]/100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
androetto

Dear, the solution I found was to create this measure

sumx(VALUES(Calendario[Date].[Mes]),[Costo Financiero])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
androetto

Dear, the solution I found was to create this measure

sumx(VALUES(Calendario[Date].[Mes]),[Costo Financiero])
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what's going on but it would be a bit long explanation. Basically, I can tell you that you have to pay attention to granularities you use for your calculations. In the case above, you have to SUMX your measure over the months. But if you want the measure to work correctly (whatever that means) over any granularity, you have to show us a lot more about the model than you have. DAX is a programming language. It does exactly what you tell it.

androetto

No, the problem is that "Financial Cost" in the total is not the right sum or the Power BI doesn't know how to add or something wrong with that metric that I can't understand. Adding the values in that column does not give 3,288,585.16 but not even close if we add up each month. I'm seriously thinking about switching software because you can't make a simple sum.

Hi @androetto ,

Without your sample data, we can't help you well. It seems that you run into issue with measure total. Maybe this article can help you solve your problem quickly:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

androetto

No, the problem is that "Costo Financiero" in the total is not the correct sum or Power BI does not know how to add or something has that metric wrong that I cannot understand. If we add the values ​​of that column it does not give 3,288,585.16. I am seriously thinking about changing software because it cannot do a simple sum.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @androetto ,

Would you please explain more about your expected output? It seems that your formula is well.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@androetto,

See if this answers your question:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.