Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bikelley
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why is my bookmark messing with my filter?

Hello, 

Can anybody please tell me why my bookmark is messing with my filter and how to fix it? I have 2 buttons called Market Attractiveness & Competitive Position and Weights & Ratine on top of my bubble chart. They link two bookmarks. 

Capture 1.PNG

When I click on Weights & Ratine it will change the chart and the filter remains the same. 

Capture 2.PNG

When I click back Market Attractiveness & Competitive Position, it will change my filter to default (no filter or unselect the filter). I am not sure why that is. 

Capture 3.PNG

I tried to fix this using the remove filter and updating bookmarks, and updated the bookmark with a filter. Still the same, not sure how to fix it. Can anybody please help. 

Sample File please click below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wU8WVgV7Xw_1mppWXaFk1bOdq0ppVyob/view?usp=sharing 

I want to work my bookmark regardless of the filter, (not only Demovill other filters as well and no fil filter as well). It should work fine with whatever selected without changing it. 

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @bikelley

Not sure if this will help, can please make sure data option is not checked for bookmark.

View->bookmark pane->bookmark->right click on bookmakr and uncheck data-> update your bookmark

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bikelley , what was the value when the bookmarked based saved in this filter?

@amitchandak , Thank you for the response. I am not about the value. I added the bookmarks without a filter then, later I added the filter. What is happening now is when I click on a button, my filter changes. Any idea thanks. 

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bikelley ,

You could have missed updating the bookmark while adding the filter at a later stage.

I tried with the sample provided by you and it is working fine.

Try updating the filter and then click on bookmark explicitly update as in the screenshot below:

PC2790_1-1614147195147.png

I hope it will work for you

@PC2790 ,

Thank you for trying out, I did update on both chart and data book mark. Here is the issue. If you take out filter from filter all pages filter panel then update the both bookmarks. 

You are going to add the Name filter and select "Demovill". When you click on the Weights & Ratine  button, the filter will be default or unselect (i know we update the bookmark with no filters), but I want to be able to change the filter and work fine when I toggle.  

Basically I have so many names and when I filter one of them, it should stick with the filter instead of deselecting when I toggle. 

Does it make sense? it's hard to explain. I appreciate any help on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @bikelley

Not sure if this will help, can please make sure data option is not checked for bookmark.

View->bookmark pane->bookmark->right click on bookmakr and uncheck data-> update your bookmark

Thanks paraabhi17, your solution did solve my problem.

Best regards

Thank you so much, I did not know there is Data option. Its works, again thanks for letting me know. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.