cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User VI
Super User VI

Re: Why is Power BI SO SLOW?!?

A duplicate creates a separate copy. Changes made to the original no longer work in the copy.

A reference creates a link. Changes to the original also affect the referenced query.

Neither impact the utility of a Star Schema. They are just how you get there. You want the most efficient way possible. I rely a lot on references and less so on duplicates, but that doesn't mean references are better. I think they are better for the places I use them in. But I will use the duplicate feature for some models.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you for your answers. It gave me a good overall view of how PBI works under the hood. I definitely need to learn more about it, but better late than never I suppose 🙂

I will take your tips into my current and future projects. If you have any other tips, feel free to share! Thanks again.

Highlighted
Super User VI
Super User VI

Glad I was able to help, at least with some understanding of what is happening @Gjakova 

Best wishes on your project.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors