Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Why is (Blank) still showing up in my Slicer when I've applied a visual-level filter?

Slicer still showing Blank.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you! I came here for the same problem and eliminating the unnecessary relationships that were created automatically, the issue was solved.
Best regards!

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @s-turn ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?

Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @s-turn ,

Please double check there is no blank in your True or False column.

If there is no blank, maybe the relationship causes the issue.

For example, Table and Table (2) have an one-to-many relationship based on Name.

w1.jpg

But the Name does not exactly match.

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data or describe the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

s-turn
Resolver I
Resolver I

@amitchandak  thank you for your quick reply!  IThe underlying data is not changing, and there are no blank values in the columns that the slicers refer to - only True or False.  The slicers and the measure in the bar chart they act upon are all from the same table.  However, that table includes some calculated columns that refer to data from related tables (this table being at the centre of a simple star schema), so I am wondering if it is something to do with that.  I've gone through the different relationships trying to figure out what it could be, but nothing has worked.  

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@s-turn 

It shouldnt be doing that. Restart PowerBI and exclude blanks again. Or check if the issue still exists in a separate page.

Last option is to select 'Advance Filtering' and select 'is not blank' value

Thank you - I've just restarted Power BI and it hasn't made a difference. When I try on a new page, I still get (Blank) showing up in the Slicer. I don't seem to have an option to use Advanced Filtering - only Basic and Top N:

No option for Advanced Filtering.PNG

@s-turn 

Can you share the workbook with us to have a look at it? Mask any confidential data

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.