Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rolyzo
Helper I
Helper I

Why don't see the color UNICHAR (128215) in internet explorer or google Chrome?

Why don't see the colors in internet explorer or google chrome, when I use UNICHAR (128215) in a visual table?

Thanks for you Help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am having the same display problem.

After some testing I discovered that under Windows 10 it displays correctly in Chrome and Firefox but not IE. Under Windows 7 it doesn't display correctly at all.

Any one know of a solution?

Thanks

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
vishakhawali
Frequent Visitor

why cant I see the colors for Unichars when I export to PPT from windows 10?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vishakhawali

I encountered the same. When i export to PPT Unichar colors goes to gray scale

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate this is just over a year old but, in case others come across this thread, I may be able to help.

I had a similar issue when using a UNICHAR coloured circle (can't remember the UNICHAR number). The UNICHAR circle was showing as the correct colour based on the logic involved. The circle colour was appearing correctly whether I viewed the report via the Desktop or the Service.
When I viewed the same report, via the Service, through another computer, the circle was black. There was no logic to make it turn black.
It turns out the browser had affected the UNICHAR used. The correction was to use a different UNICHAR ( UNICHAR(9679) in my case). So if you are finding the same issue you may need to seek another UNICHAR number for the same shape.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rolyzo,

Create a measure using UNICHAR (128215), add it in a table visual, it works fine as follows.

1. This is my sample table.

3.png

2. Create a measure using the formula.

Measure = UNICHAR(IF(SUM('hh-Test'[Column1])>=10,128213,128215))

3. Add it in a table visual, it shows corretly in Power BI desktop.

1.PNG

4. I publish it to service, open it in google Chrome, it still works fine.

2.PNG

Could you please post a screenshot displaying the color UNICHAR(128215) wrongly for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Why doesnt the Unichar colors show up  when exported to ppt inspite of using Windows 10?

Yes,

Here my screenshot.

VisualTable_UNICHAR.PNG

Thansk a lot for your help.

Hi @rolyzo,

It's weird. Could you please share your formula using UNICHAR (128215) and .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hello,

This is the formula.

Icon = IF(tblDesviacionMovil[%Real-PlanOK] >= tblDesviacionMovil[ValSupM], UNICHAR(128215),
 IF(AND(tblDesviacionMovil[%Real-PlanOK] > tblDesviacionMovil[ValInfM], tblDesviacionMovil[%Real-PlanOK] < tblDesviacionMovil[ValSupM]), UNICHAR(128210), UNICHAR(128213)))

Thanks!!

Hi @rolyzo,

There is no problem about the formula. Please update your desktop to latest version. And do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

maybe the problem is because the client machines have windows 7?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @rolyzo,

I am not sure if it's related to windows 7. I can't find a windows7 computer to test. I post post the update if I get new information.

Best Regards,
Angelia

After some testing I discovered that under Windows 10 it displays correctly in Chrome and Firefox but not IE. Under Windows 7 it doesn't display correctly at all.

Any one know of a solution?

Thanks

Any one have a solution?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@veganEarth

Were you able to find a solution for this? One of my customer using IE complaining that colors are not showing to him Man Sad

Regards,

Maddy

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Seems like it is possible:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Can-this-be-done-in-Power-BI-Don-t-need-solution-just-to-kn...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.