Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does my tool tip line disappear.

I made a line chart with seveal different line values and my chart isnt showing the tool tip line that shows where you highlight over the chart and shows the value, instead im having to highlight over each line one at a time. It shows up when I only select 2 or less values or if I use a date slicer to make the line a very short time period.  What is causing this to happen thanks?

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I cannot reproduce this or I am not understanding your problem. Please post a screen shot or further explanation.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I could have worded that a lot better. So when you make a line chart in Power Bi and hover over it a verical line appears through the chart to visually show where you are highlighting on the line and the tool tips shows the data. It disappears when I have more than 3 lines or when I dont use a slider to make the date axis smaller. 

@Anonymous ,

I also couldn't reproduce this issue. Have you update power bi to the latest version? If this issue still persists, could you please share a sample file(make sure there's no confident data in the sample file) and share the file with onedrive for business?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

with linewith linewithout linewithout line

Anonymous
Not applicable

I added two pictures showing the problem. Once the slicer goes past a certain date the line will not show all the line, instead I am having to highlight over the line itself to see the value where as you normally can highlight anywhere over the chart and a tool tip will show with multiple values

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.