Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Benoitcoutu
Regular Visitor

Why does my map shows only 1 location on some computers

Hi,

I created a report which contains a simple map with adresses of our service centers, placed in the "Location" section of the map.

The problem I have is that on some computers, we only see 1 Location instead of all of them. I verified and no filter have been applied (in case somebody would ask 🙂 )

On my computer, it shows normally :

MapProblem.jpg

And on my computer, it is correct on both version (desktop and web service)

Map Correct.jpg

Anybody already seen this ?

Thank you very much !

3 REPLIES 3
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

In your first screenshot, I think there are some filter conditions set on the page that are not set in the master report file that you're looking at on your desktop. They may be inherited from a drillthrough operation, or the user may have set some slicer values manually, or something like that. On the online service, when you get something weirdly filtered like this, use the yellow Reset to Default button in the center above the report (small yellow circle with a curved backward arrow) and that should restore everything to the same as the desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

No, there is no filter applied in this screen. I know we see the yellow Reset to Default button is activated, but the one and only slicer that can affect the map, is the two ones we can see just beside the map, and we clearly see that no filters are applied.

I even gave someone else access to this report so he could have a look at it, and first time he opens up the report, we observe the same problem.

One thing I know is that I created the report in an English version of PBI desktop, and it's vizualized on a French PBI service.

However, we all use the same license to log on PBI service, so I guess it could maybe be related to some specific computer settings

HELP !

The only other thing I can think of is that the French service doesn't like how the locations are formatted. I know if I want to map cities, I often need to have a column that is formatted as "Cincinnati, OH, USA" in order to get them all to show up in the right places. Otherwise it sometimes can get confused if there is a city and state abbreviation that could match a city in a different country that could be abbreviated the same way. So maybe the way the locations are written is compatible with the English version of the mapping system but doesn't match the French version's needs.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.