Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why cannot delete column from new table ?

Hi guys,

I just created New Table in my Power BI, which actually to hold all my measures. So through Modeling Tab, I click New Table, name it in formula bar the Enter. 

On Fields list (or in my data model) the new table appeared with 1 column (empty) named "Column". I don't need this, as I want this new table to hold my exisiting measures. So I move one of my measure, go to Home Table and select this new table. The measure moved sucessfully, and now I want to delete that "Column". There is no option to DELETE under Report view or Design view. What I notice have is under Relationship, I can sleect that "Column", right click and select "Delete from data model". But this too not affect anything since the column still there. 

Is there anyway I can delete this empty column ? cause I don't want to just hide it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @admin_xlsior 

You need to create the table for measures like below, this will allow you to delete columns. 

image.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @admin_xlsior 

You need to create the table for measures like below, this will allow you to delete columns. 

image.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Hi Mariuz,

This is just what I need. Thank you very much for the helps.

Cheers,

Every table must have at least one column, so no you can’t delete the last column. You can hide it from view if you don’t want to see it. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi Matt,

Understand that, but I've put my measure to that table already. So the column is not the only fields in that table. If not mistaken it used to be able to delete before. By delete the column and leave only the measures, the icon for the table will change to measure icon, is it not like that ? (at least I tried that before one time)

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.