Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ayupchap
Helper III
Helper III

Why can't I produce my visualizations the same way as in another Power's file?

Hi there

OK hopefully this is not super tricky to explain.  I created a relationship between two datasets in powerbi (used salesforce objects)  The data came out great!  I wanted to add the same visualizations to another powerbi file so imported the missing dataset as I normally do, linked them exactly the same way.  I went to produce the visualization and its just not working, whatever I try.

This is an image of the visualization that I want to achieve

good example.PNG

Heres its relationship

good relationship.PNG

Now heres the bad graph made the same way 

bad graph.PNG

Heres the relationship.  tehres others here but the link is exactly the same

relationships 2.PNG

if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it I' just can't work it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so after a while I worked out the issue.  Thanks for everyones tips but the issue was in thre relationship pane I had to double click the connection line and change the relationship direction to both, that fixed it!  Not sure how I worked that out but glad I did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

your bad visual has the vertical Y axis is in % and therefore max is 100; while in your original it is an absolute value up to 250.

www.CahabaData.com

OK so after a while I worked out the issue.  Thanks for everyones tips but the issue was in thre relationship pane I had to double click the connection line and change the relationship direction to both, that fixed it!  Not sure how I worked that out but glad I did.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ayupchap

The field you drag to the Axis needs to have a relationship (or be in the same table) to the fields you drag to the axis.

Can you please let us know the TableName.Field for what you have used in your bad graph.  We can then suggest maybe a better alternative,

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.