Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GMichaud
Helper I
Helper I

Why can't I pin a vizual to a dashboard from an application

Hello community!

I'm experiencing a weird phenomenon with the first application in our organization.

Since I published the PBIX files to the workspace that was created to prepare the application, users are unable to pin the vizuals to one of their dashboards. Even I, the administrator of the workspace, am unable to do so. The pin is there, but it is grayed out and there is a message saying "Read-only content can't be pinned yet".

Any idea how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GMichaud 

If you are already in the App Workspace, no matter if you are in the Report view or Dashboard view, it is a Read-Only view. So due to this you cannot modify anything.

How to Modify a Dashboard or report from within an App Workspace.

(1)What you will need to do, is to go back into the App Workspace, by going through the navigation on the left hand side.

(2)NOT via Apps

(3)Once you are in the App Workspace you can then make updates to the Dashboard or reports.

(4)Once you are happy with your Dashboard you will then have to click on Publish App again, in order for the Updates to be reflected for the other users.

From my understanding this functionality is By-Design when you view Dashboards and reports via the Apps, because it is a Read-Only.

More info about App in Power BI you can refer to the below link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GMichaud 

If you are already in the App Workspace, no matter if you are in the Report view or Dashboard view, it is a Read-Only view. So due to this you cannot modify anything.

How to Modify a Dashboard or report from within an App Workspace.

(1)What you will need to do, is to go back into the App Workspace, by going through the navigation on the left hand side.

(2)NOT via Apps

(3)Once you are in the App Workspace you can then make updates to the Dashboard or reports.

(4)Once you are happy with your Dashboard you will then have to click on Publish App again, in order for the Updates to be reflected for the other users.

From my understanding this functionality is By-Design when you view Dashboards and reports via the Apps, because it is a Read-Only.

More info about App in Power BI you can refer to the below link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @GMichaud ,

does this happen in an app?

I didn't fully understand the issue, but it seems to be connected to the content packs or distribution. Someone in the forum had the same issue. For them if worked when the content pack has been personalized. Check if the solution works for you: 

Content Pack tiles now read-only and cannot be pin... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Read-only content can't be pinned yet? - Microsoft Power BI Community

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.