cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HamidBee
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why are my reports not showing in the 'Test' and 'Production' workspace in the deployment pipeline?

I have a trial account on the Power BI Service. I have a simple Excel file with some data, I created a report from this and published it onto the service. I created a deployment pipeline on the Power BI Service and ensure I deplloyed the same report on all woekspaces:

HamidBee_0-1653401601961.png

Here it is what is in each workspace:

HamidBee_1-1653401602264.png

Here is what the stage 1 report looks like:

HamidBee_2-1653401602232.png

Here is what the stage 2 and 3 report looks like:

HamidBee_3-1653401602589.png

Does anyone know why this is?

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HamidBee
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The solution is that I had to setup a gateway connection and schedule refresh as the datasource itself was on premises. I had uploaded the report from Power BI Desktop. I still don't fully understand why it is, I just know that's why. After I created a gateway and uploaded the data everything worked fine. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HamidBee
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The solution is that I had to setup a gateway connection and schedule refresh as the datasource itself was on premises. I had uploaded the report from Power BI Desktop. I still don't fully understand why it is, I just know that's why. After I created a gateway and uploaded the data everything worked fine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors