Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Why are my reports not showing in the 'Test' and 'Production' workspace in the deployment pipeline?

I have a trial account on the Power BI Service. I have a simple Excel file with some data, I created a report from this and published it onto the service. I created a deployment pipeline on the Power BI Service and ensure I deplloyed the same report on all woekspaces:

HamidBee_0-1653401601961.png

Here it is what is in each workspace:

HamidBee_1-1653401602264.png

Here is what the stage 1 report looks like:

HamidBee_2-1653401602232.png

Here is what the stage 2 and 3 report looks like:

HamidBee_3-1653401602589.png

Does anyone know why this is?

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The solution is that I had to setup a gateway connection and schedule refresh as the datasource itself was on premises. I had uploaded the report from Power BI Desktop. I still don't fully understand why it is, I just know that's why. After I created a gateway and uploaded the data everything worked fine. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The solution is that I had to setup a gateway connection and schedule refresh as the datasource itself was on premises. I had uploaded the report from Power BI Desktop. I still don't fully understand why it is, I just know that's why. After I created a gateway and uploaded the data everything worked fine. 

Hi, need help with this same problem please.

I am not be able to create gateways etc., How can I get my deployment pipeline's production works as well?

At first I had a problem that test didn't work (same as prod now): There was visualizations but they didn't show any data. Also datasets there were the titles of the tables but no data inside them.

Test works now (I got those data sources to my computer, refreshed report in desktop and published & deployed to service and to test and now it's working. Tested it multiple times to prod aswell, but it doesn't work.

What can I do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.