Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why It is adding New Data-sets for each Power BI Report When Report is Designed using Desktop

Hi Guys,

I am working on few Power BI Reports and these reports have to be deployed to a Specific WorkSpace.

For all these Reports Source is Same SSAS Tabular. What I noticed for each Reports it creates a Seperate Data-Set (Data-set Name is same as Report Name) When I publish the Reports to Power BI App. 

I was expecting a single data-set as source is going to be same (a Single SSAS Tabular).

But I design reports on Power BI web App, I am allowed to use Single Data-set for multiple reports. 

There is any way can aviod Multiple Data-sets when designing reports using Desktop and source SSAS Tabular Cube?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this way and It works. 

1st Report in Power BI I published which connects to a dataset- Azure SAQL Server BD. Next Time If I want to design any report in Power BI Desktop using same Dataset, I would go to Get Data-->Power BI Datasets-->Select a Workspace-->Select a dataset and then when I publish the report, It does not create new dataset as It is pointing to a datasets which is already published. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ShivendooKumar,

So you want all your report using a same dataset in power bi desktop, right? I would recommend you to put every report in one page in your pbix file and then publish your pbix file to power bi service.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this way and It works. 

1st Report in Power BI I published which connects to a dataset- Azure SAQL Server BD. Next Time If I want to design any report in Power BI Desktop using same Dataset, I would go to Get Data-->Power BI Datasets-->Select a Workspace-->Select a dataset and then when I publish the report, It does not create new dataset as It is pointing to a datasets which is already published. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.