Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I am getting two values for MTD

I have created the measure to calculate MTD sales.

Sales MTD = TOTALMTD([Total Sales],DimDate[Date])

With above measure I am getting the following value.

2.PNG 

To check the accuracy I manually filtered the Total Sales value with FactSales Table's date column as follows and I am getting a different value.

1.PNG

Again I filtered manually with Date table's date column and I am getting the measure value.

4.PNG

Please find the attached file herewith.

sample.pbix 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Date has a time stamp. I created a new date column. Joined Date of date with it. It  is working fine now.

Date1 = date(year([Date]),month([Date]),day([Date]))

Please find the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k8fbgz0v9ecv3z/sample%289%29.pbix?dl=0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Thank you for your help.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Date has a time stamp. I created a new date column. Joined Date of date with it. It  is working fine now.

Date1 = date(year([Date]),month([Date]),day([Date]))

Please find the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k8fbgz0v9ecv3z/sample%289%29.pbix?dl=0

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I opened the file, I am getting the Same value for both. Please let us know the parameters changed 

Screenshot 2020-12-24 11.26.57.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Try to filter total sales in visual manually with FactSales[Date] instead of DimDate[Date]

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.