Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whole name of category inside the squares in Treemap

Hello,

How could one possibly include the the whole name of the category in each square of a PowerBI Treemap? When this name is too large, part of it gets hidden with the three dots(...)
How could I get a visualization like this, with the whole names displayed in the squares?image (2).png?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can change the text size under the Category labels in the Format tab. But whether the whole name can be seen depends on the length of category name, as the text size value must be greater than or equal to 8.

vkalyjmsft_0-1642411267820.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexddc24
Advocate II
Advocate II

I don't understand why we can't just have an option to wrap the category text? This is a pretty basic UI requirement and something that's been implemented elsewhere.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can change the text size under the Category labels in the Format tab. But whether the whole name can be seen depends on the length of category name, as the text size value must be greater than or equal to 8.

vkalyjmsft_0-1642411267820.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

miimzavell_0-1700148186823.png

Hi when i try to do that I do not have the option, any feedabck?

Because when i go beyond 10pt then it starts to screw my data and I wont be able to see the category label

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Treemap visual is tricky one to handle when a categorical distribution displayed on it is very small but the name of the category is long.

The only way I can think of achieving this is:

1. Try re-sizing your Treemap visual on the report page. May be make it bigger.
  2. Try to play with the Data Label sizes on the Treemap visual

But yes there is no guarantee you can fit the long category names in the small square distribution shown on the visual for that category.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.