Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

natalia88
Helper I
Helper I

Whole Model View greyed out

Hi All

My whole Model view is greyed out. Not the separate tables, but the whole view. I can see the greyed out query tables in the background but not the relationships (although if I click on "manage relationships" button I can see them all and they are active). What might be the problem?

P.S. load is enabled in all tables

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Believe there is a bug when a Table is named in odd ways.  We had a table named with "," comas.  Not a great idea to name a table with puncuation, but after removing it the model was no longer greyed out.  Saving and reopening then returned the model with proper relationships.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@natalia88 

The same issue has been reported internally and should be fixed in the new release.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Believe there is a bug when a Table is named in odd ways.  We had a table named with "," comas.  Not a great idea to name a table with puncuation, but after removing it the model was no longer greyed out.  Saving and reopening then returned the model with proper relationships.  

hi, thanks a lot! That solved the problem!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@natalia88 

I cannot reproduce the issue. Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have the exact same problem with one of my models, 100% import mode, using Power BI Desktop 64-bit March 2020. My other models work fine.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It happened with few more member, how has by mistake change connection live connection

https://powerbi.tips/2018/02/power-bi-connections-live-connection/

@hanks! I've checked all my queries and they all have "import" mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.