Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

White space in embed report

Hi,

I have integrated my report with dotnet application, when i ran the application i see the big WHITE space on both sides of the report. Please help how to remove this 

Note: I have published report with Page view set as "Fit to Page". 

When i change the view to "Fit to Width" i see no WHITE space but i see the VERTICAL SCROLL BAR on the application.

My objective is not to have any SCROLL BAR and report should fit in the CONTAINER on the application

Embedded.jpg

Regards

Nagaraj

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

You need to manually adjust the width and height of the report to get rid off this scrolling with fit to width option.

For your better clarity refer to the below article:

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/06/26/power-bi-publish-to-web-to-remove-grey-area-on-the-sides/

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

Hi,

I have adjusted the report manually to fit in the web page and used below style for DIV container

Then it worked, thanks for the hlep

<div id="embedContainer" style=" height: 550px;width: 100%;max-width: 1200px;"></div>

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

You need to manually adjust the width and height of the report to get rid off this scrolling with fit to width option.

For your better clarity refer to the below article:

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/06/26/power-bi-publish-to-web-to-remove-grey-area-on-the-sides/

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

HI,

Thanks for the suggestion, has seen the website just now.

I was trying with Power BI Java script App owns data model solution provided by Microsoft.

Tested the same report with that solution, there with out any changes, the report is showing perfectly fitted with in the container with out any changes. Not sure how they are doing here. but looks like there is a possiblity to get that with out report changes

hi  @nagaraj 

You could edit the height and width to have it fit in your portal's web page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-lili6-msft 

Thanks for the suggestion, I am using Java script API to embed the reprot and we are using APP OWNS DATA MODEL here.

Not sure if the solution in the website works as these has been done using IFrame...There we are using DIV Container

Regarsd

Nagaraj

hi  @nagaraj 

You could try it on your side, it should work well. 

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I have adjusted the report manually to fit in the web page and used below style for DIV container

Then it worked, thanks for the hlep

<div id="embedContainer" style=" height: 550px;width: 100%;max-width: 1200px;"></div>

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.