Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FatBlackCat30
Employee
Employee

White Space Anaysis

Hello all,

I am wanting to create a chart to do white space analysis but I dont see any examples using Power BI. I am wondering if anyone out there has any examples they have used for white space analysis.

This is purly for fun, not a requirement. 

thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried creating something similar for subcategory sold in cities. Instead of white space " ", I kept Y. Is this what you are looking at

X analysis = if(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sales))),"Y","X")
// Try
X analysis = if(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sales)))," ","X")

Screenshot 2020-01-29 22.36.45.png

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you explain more on "white space analysis"

@amitchandak 

What I want to create is a matrix with companies on the left and our products along the columns. then I want to put a 'x' where each company has our products that way I can see what products I could upsell to our customers  

I tried creating something similar for subcategory sold in cities. Instead of white space " ", I kept Y. Is this what you are looking at

X analysis = if(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sales))),"Y","X")
// Try
X analysis = if(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sales)))," ","X")

Screenshot 2020-01-29 22.36.45.png

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

@amitchandak what if I need to create a same view but now I have a slicer with Sub category filter. Now when i filter on Sub Product 1, the table shows all the customers with X on subproduct 1 and other columns also with N

@amitchandak  this is perfect. exacly what I am looking for. Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.