Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While Using Import mode for SQL server table report refresh in Power BI taking 15 -20 minutes time.

Hi ,

I need help regarding Power BI refresh for reports in Power BI desktop.

I prepared all the reports based on SQL server tables and connected using import mode in Power BI desktop ,But while refreshing report in Power BI desktop taking time 15-20 minutes on local server as well as connecting deveopemnt server as well.

As per the below link i have update settings in report :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-Refresh-Slow/m-p/22356#M7008

Current File->Data Load->Auto Date/Time and unchecked that option from settings. still reports taking to much time for 10 to 20 rows in reports only. some one can help how to improve performance for those reports in while using import mode. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please try unchecking the options highlighted in below screenshot?

1.PNG

By the way, does this issue persist when you refresh dataset in other .pbix files which connect to different data source?

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply @v-yulgu-msft

Yes taking too much time after unchecked above option you suggsted.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.