Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anirban_25
Regular Visitor

Which chart to use to plot un-summarized value and % value?

Total Business column is the number of business in a year which is an  un-summarized value. Which chart to use to plot this values?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anirban_25 ,

The reason for displaying the total is that the "Business " field has no corresponding field in the graph.

Only the month field as the X axis, the data displayed is all the data corresponding to the month. If you want to show the details, you need to add the corresponding fields to the visual.

Try to use the corresponding field as a legend or x-axis.If it is the x-axis, then drill down.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anirban_25 

Not very clear about the unsummarized term here but it seems you need to visualize both value and % on a single chart then use the combo chart:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-combo-chart

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

I want the chart to pull the value from the column and not to SUM/COUNT/AVG it. It table view, there is an option to see un-summarized data but when I try to plot the same in a combo graph, it counts the Total business column. I want the value the way it is.

Problem with Combo ChartProblem with Combo Chart

@Anirban_25 

Can you share a screenshot of the source data? Can you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

Can you use a TAble Visual instead which allows the Don't Summarize option?

You cannot show data on a chart unless you summarize it. 

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

YouTube  LinkedIn

I was able to in a Table view but not in charts. I want the chart to pull this value the way it is.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anirban_25 ,

The reason for displaying the total is that the "Business " field has no corresponding field in the graph.

Only the month field as the X axis, the data displayed is all the data corresponding to the month. If you want to show the details, you need to add the corresponding fields to the visual.

Try to use the corresponding field as a legend or x-axis.If it is the x-axis, then drill down.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anirban_25 

You can try it this way, 

Create an index column in power query and use merge columns option under Add Column ribbon to create a new column with Index + Segment, this way, each line will be unique. Now, use that  column in the x-axis. 

let me know after your attempt 

YouTube  LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.