Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Visual to use?

I have data for feedback with count for YES and NO. I have these values by month on x-axis with line graph Legend: Yes; No. Now I would like to include year. Is there a visual in BI which can incorporate all these values?

~Nita

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

You can just drop the Year field just below Month on x axis of line chart. Then you can use the drill down to get the value of Year wise data. 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous 

Try using a clustered column chart. Use Year as the Legend and put your Feedback under Axis (so axis will now have Month and Feedback). Then, expand it down the hierarchy (the split arrow icon). You can choose to show Feedback first or Months first, depending on how you want to present your data. Generally, I will put Feedback at the top, so your first view will be Feedback by year, then when you expand it down, you will see Feedback by Month by Year.

darentengmfs_1-1612467899588.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous 

Try using a clustered column chart. Use Year as the Legend and put your Feedback under Axis (so axis will now have Month and Feedback). Then, expand it down the hierarchy (the split arrow icon). You can choose to show Feedback first or Months first, depending on how you want to present your data. Generally, I will put Feedback at the top, so your first view will be Feedback by year, then when you expand it down, you will see Feedback by Month by Year.

darentengmfs_1-1612467899588.png

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

You can just drop the Year field just below Month on x axis of line chart. Then you can use the drill down to get the value of Year wise data. 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.