Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Claster
Advocate II
Advocate II

Where is Analytics Forecasting

Screen 

I can't find where this options. In Semptember Update this option was added September update

18 REPLIES 18
Claster
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Anonymous

Sceen2

I can't find this option

Hi @Claster,

Could you please verify your Power BI version by clicking file->Help->About. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft

First screen from post. Screen1

Безымянный.png

Hi @Claster,

Based on your screenshot, your PowerBI desktop version is December version. As I posted above,  the Analytic forecasting feature is still preview in september. In November release, the feature is generally available to everyone, so you no longer need to enable it through the Options dialog. For more details about December updata, please review this article. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft

Please look at this screen/ I can't find this option

1.png

I had the same problem with a lien chart with year in the X-Axis. I couldn't see the "forecast" option from Analytics.

I resolved this by changing type format of X-Axis, from "Categorical" to "Continuous". When type format of X-Axis was "Categorical" I couldn't see the "forecast" option inside Analytics, but when I changed it to "Contiuous", both "forecast" and "trend line" options appeared inside Analytics. Check if that works...

I've found that not all values as your X axis will allow for forecasting, so if that option isn't available try changing it.

Hi @Claster,

I just quickly checked with my sample data and it's working. Please ensure there is no fields in Legend area and you are using Date column in Axis area.

Screenshot 2017-01-15 16.01.26.pngScreenshot 2017-01-15 16.01.34.png

Or you could share your pbix file and sample data so we could quickly detect your mismatch.

nikndna1

Hi,

I have checked in both places, on the Desktop BI and Online BI and i do not see the forecast option available in either.  How do i

get to this feature.   

Here are screen shots of what i see in Desktop and Online BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was upgraded from a Preview option to General Availability in the November 2016 release: "With this [November] release, the feature is generally available to everyone, so you no longer need to enable it through the Options dialog. " - see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-feature-summary/#forecasting

Hi Steven,

I cannot seem to be able to find this feature in either Desktop BI or Online BI.  How do i get to the Forecast Feature.

Here is what i see in Desktop and Online BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aside from the video on that Microsoft blog, there are various guides to using forecasting around.  Here's one: http://databear.com/2016/10/07/forecasting-in-power-bi/

Hi Steven,

I have followed the instructions in this like several times but still no success.  

I have done this over and over.  Its simply not visible.

File > options and setting > options > preview features > tick Forecasting > click ok > restart Power BI desktop

There is no tick box with Forecasting on the preview features screen.  Please see attached screenshot. 

Screenshot.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikndna1,

As @dkay84_PowerBI says and per my previous post, "With [the November 2016] release, the [forecasting] feature is generally available to everyone, so you no longer need to enable it through the Options dialog."

Do you have the November 2016 or January 2017 release of Power BI Desktop installed?

I thought the linked databear post (http://databear.com/2016/10/07/forecasting-in-power-bi/) showed quite well how to use the Forecast feature, via the Analytics pane.

Hi @nikndna1,

Based on your screenshot, your version should be November  rather than September version. There is no Clustering feature in September update. Please click file->Help->About, verify your desktop version. In september, the Analytic forecasting feature is still preview. In November release, the feature is generally available to everyone, so you no longer need to enable it through the Options dialog. While it is available in the Power BI on the web.

Best Regards,
Angelia

As the second post in this thread said, it is no longer a preview feature and thus you don't need to enable it.

I am on mobile at the moment so i cant check but it is either on the analytics pane for the line chart visual or if you click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the visual.

I don't get why people don't google this stuff.  The amount of time it takes to sign in to the forum and post and they could have already found an answer.

Hi dkay84.

Yes, i did google where to find it and watched all of the tutorial.  I spent almost 3 hours trying to find how to enable this feature.  I finally decided to posting in the forum as a last resort.  

Trust me, i would prefer not to waste my time or anyone else's signing in and posting when i can just as easily google it.  However, that has not worked out. 

If you have any helpful suggestions on how to enable this feature, it would be greatly appreciated.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.