Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdmikejr
Helper I
Helper I

Where can i find a Power Query query that I added to "My data catalog" in Excel?

I must say that I am definitely gaining traction in my organization with Power BI as it has served a very proper place by filling many gaps. (Just signed up my 20th user!! and am looking at signing up entire departments in a very large company) With that said I have also hit a huge roadblock - one that potentially can have a very large cost to it. 

I made a few Power Query queries using Excel and have added them to "My Data Catalog" (as shown below)

This was one of the selling points for justifying Power BI as the platform of choice.

Now that I have set up the data model and published various dashboards, I am now running into problems trying to find any documentation on how to retreive and/or even find "My data catalog".

I have some End users that need some of the raw data to be able to load in Excel. Assuming I made the Power Query in Excel under the ribbon "Power BI" I was also assuming or expecting the end-user who is setup in Power BI to be able to find the Power Queries and then be able to connect to them. 

Can someone please help me figure this one out? Maybe it is just not as obvious as it perhaps should be??

data catalog.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sdmikejr,

Based on my research, in Power BI there is no such a Data Catalog function like that in Excel. An idea about this issue has been submitted in the Power BI ideas forum, please vote it in the following link.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6864081-data-catalog-integration-...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.